Friday, February 14, 2014

I Heart Snow Days

image
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I hear so much crap about it being a commercialized holiday, blah, blah, blah, but honestly when is showing your love for anyone (your spouse, significant other, kids, family, friends) a bad thing?  Mother nature chose to let us celebrate in the form of another snow day (yippee!).  The boys are so excited that their school vacation is even longer now.  Plus, the teachers have been telling them that school would be cancelled since the beginning of the week so I would have had some unhappy boys if it wasn't.  

I ordered the hubs' Valentine's Day gift weeks ago and it never arrived.  Apparently it got lost on it's way!  So I am totally empty handed except for a card.  Luckily I have a very unselfish husband who couldn't care less about a present and thought it was silly of me to even care.  Another crappo thing that happened this week was a car rubbing up against the side of my car while I was waiting in the pickup lane at school.  The guy literally just kept driving!  I wrote down the license plate, but there doesn't appear to be much damage.  It's kinda hard to tell though because my car is so filthy! ;)





I've been doing much better making time for myself.  I've been exercising a little every day, eating better and doing things I love.  I even went to the library with the boys this week and picked up some books for myself.  I'm pretty excited to try all of the recipes in Mrs. Lilien's Cocktail Swatchbook.  As soon as my husband saw it, he grabbed it and was looking through it all night.  All we have on our agenda for the weekend is one of the boys friend's birthday party and church so it's going to be pretty darn relaxing (not to mention it's a four day weekend!).  

I hope you all have the best Valentine's Day ever!  We are looking forward to a day of baking cookies and playing in the snow followed by some hanging with the hubs tonight.  

xo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete